THE NATIONAL BOARD FOR THE MACEDONIAN QUALIFICATIONS FRAMEWORK
- Discusses evaluations of policies on education, sustainable employment, and regional development
- Recommends actions for better linking the education system with the labour market needs
- Decides on the allocation of existing and new qualifications in the Macedonian Qualifications Framework
- Proposes development of new or improvement of existing qualifications to the competent institutions
- Monitors the development of the Macedonian Qualifications Framework as a whole
- Develops and adopts methodological documents for classifying qualifications
- establishes Sectoral Qualifications Councils
- Determines criteria for operation of the Sectoral Qualifications Councils and provides recommendations for their work
- decides on sub-sectors, areas and sub-areas within the sectoral qualifications and
- adopts the reports of the Sectoral Qualifications Councils, including recommendations on their functioning.
Members of the National Board for the Macedonian Qualifications Framework
- Two representatives from the Ministry of Education and Science,
And one representative appointed by:
- Ministry of Labour and Social Policy,
- VET Centre,
- Centre for Adult Education,
- Bureau for Development of Education,
- National Agency for European Educational Programmes and Mobility,
- higher education institutions,
- One representative of the chambers in the Republic of Macedonia and
- Independent Trade Union for Education, Science and Culture of the Republic of Macedonia
Conditions for appointment on the members of the National Board:
- Completed higher education and
- Minimum five years of working experience in the profession, of which two years have been in the area of lifelong learning and qualifications.
The President and members of the National Board are appointed for a term of four years.
THE SECTORAL QUALIFICATIONS COUNCILS
- Analyse the current state and trends of the sectoral labour market
- Identify the needs for all types of qualifications in line with the requirements of the labour market and the society as a whole
- Analyse and evaluate existing qualifications
- Review proposals for the introduction of new qualifications
- Propose sectoral or sub-sectoral qualifications for all levels
- Propose priorities for development of new qualifications and updating of existing qualifications
- Provide opinions on the compliance of the assessment standards and instruments with the occupational standards and the standards of qualifications
- Establish commissions for assessment and validation of the learning outcomes acquired in non-formal learning
- Promote the sectoral qualifications and the employment possibilities, and
- Submit annual reports on their work to the National Board.
Members of the Sectoral Qualifications Councils:
- one representative from the relevant ministry
- Ministry of Education and Science,
- Association of Employers from the relevant sector,
- Trade Union in the respective sector,
- VET Centre,
- Centre for Adult Education,
- Bureau for Development of Education, and
- the relevant competent body for regulated professions in the country.
The president and members of the Sectoral Qualifications Councils have a four-year term.
THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
- Provides recommendations for the development of qualifications standards
- Lleads the referencing of the Macedonian Qualifications Framework to the EQF and the self-certification to the QF-EHEA
- Follows the implementation and development of the NQFs in other countries and
- Communicates to the stakeholders and to the wider public topics related to the Macedonian Qualifications Framework.
THE MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND SOCIAL POLICY
- Establishes and develops an information system on the labour market needs and forecasting
- Proposes development of standards of qualifications and standards of occupations according to the needs of the labour market
- Adopts standards of occupations
- Participates in the preparation of strategic documents and analyses relevant for the development of the Macedonian Qualifications Framework and
- Develops the methodology for standards of occupations
- Monitors the employment of persons with acquired qualifications
THE VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING CENTRE, CENTRE FOR ADULT AND BUREAU FOR DEVELOPMENT EDUCATION
- development of qualifications from level I to level VB
HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
- development of qualifications from level VA to level VIII.